Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reminiscing with Ava Kate

So, Ava has been asking quite a bit about her adoption, birth mom, and the whole process. You know the heart wrenching, cut deeply questions? Yea, those. We have been honest with her about almost everything. The details surrounding her "finding" are still safely tucked away in my heart that I will share with her someday. We brought out the tub of stuff that I had saved (man, I saved everything!) to reminisce. Oh, my heart was so warm and the tears were flowing...So many happy memories.

Her SWI made her a book of pictures of her time there

This picture is so Ava. Every time I see it, I get tears in my eyes and I just have to hold her. 

She was so excited!

Her very first shoes we bought her

She was wearing this shirt when we got her. I told her this is how I knew it was meant to be. Since I adore koala bears

And we ended the night trying on her new traditional Chinese wear for Chinese New Year next week. She asked if she could wear it to school. I'm so proud of this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls