Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ava's 3rd Birthday!!

We celebrated Ava's birthday again on Saturday with family and a some friends! We had an Elmo theme and EVERYTHING was Elmo! I took pictures of the decorations ahead of time and then appointed my sister to take pictures. She really did try her best. But, I don't have pictures of some important things. Bless her heart! She was still so proud!

I wanted the perfect invitation for Ava's party. So, I went to Etsy.com. And guess what I found??



















These were the treat bags for the kids. Yep, I made them!!!















This is the label I added to them. Inside there were goldfish crackers, Sesame Street juice boxes, Sesame Street coloring book, crayons, and a little game.















We had a pinata...




















Massive balloons




















Normally, we would have had the party outside. But it stormed all morning and they were calling for more. Not to mention the extreme heat we've been having. So we made an executive decistion and moved it to the garage. We opened the door to the house early in the morning and had fans to cool it down. It wasn't too bad by the party, but it got steamy with everyone inside! Thanks everyone for gutting it out.















Our food. I ordered sandwich wraps from Anderson's. They were sooo yummy! And I made little food tags for everything.


Elmo's Sandwich Wraps

Bert's Potato Salad

Ernie's Macaroni Salad

etc...

It was cute!































My favorite part....the dessert table!!!















I was bound and determined to make her birthday cake myself. From start to finish. Let me tell you that I have an aunt who is an awesome baker and very talented. So, I turned to her for advice. She gave me tips, but I did it myself. And I'm not going to lie...I'm SUPER PROUD of how it turned out!!!















Elmo cookies from Haas Bakery

















Cupcake's! I did make the topper's too! I saw them on Etsy, but couldn't justify spending the money...




















Elmo Cake Pops!!




















Here are some pictures from the rest of the party! I've uploaded the rest to Facebook if you want to check them out!!


































































































































































































































Thank you for all of your wishes for Ava on her special day!!

Love,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!