Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Ava's Church Confirmation

 It's been a VERY LONG two year. 

Lots of fighting, begging, bribing...but it all led to this moment. 

Ava was CONFIRMED in our church, St. John's United Church of Christ. 

This was the feature in the program and what was displayed on the screen in church. 



The week before the actual service, the Confirmand's led the church service. This was their final project. Typically, they have to write a paper but they switched it up this year and I think Ava was so grateful. Ava was in charge of scripture. She picked all of the scripture readings and read them to the church. 



The pastor and confirmation teacher were the acolytes. 
It was funny! 

Then the day was FINALLY here. 
I don't know who was more excited, me or Ava. Ha!

The entire service was dedicated to the confirmation. 

Ava's first communion!

The typical after family photos.
We are so appreciative for everyone who came to support.









After the service, we all headed back to our house for a small get together and celebration. 



While this was a labor of love for all parties, at the end of the day, I'm so proud of Ava. 
This meant so much to our family. I was confirmed in this church and attended regularly with my Grandma. I think of her every Sunday when we say The Lord's Prayer, as she taught me. 
I hope she is smiling down and proud that I have continued to live my life in this church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!