Thursday, January 7, 2021

Baking with Grandma!

My Grandma was the cookie lady of Genoa for many years. 
She was an amazing baker and people bought dozens and dozens of cookies from her over the years. 
I remember growing up and she was always working on cookies. One year at Christmas, she had orders for over 50 dozen! 
Anyhow, one of my most favorites were Raisin Filled Cookies. 
I'm not a huge raisin fan, but these were amazing. 
My grandma has since become too weak and tired to bake. 
My cousin, Lisa, has taken over the sugar cookie part of the baking but I wanted to know the raisin filled. For quite some time I'd been asking for a day with her to bake and learn her skills. 
On New Years Day, we made it happen. 
She was the director and I was the minion. She did ask to be able to make the first cookie for old times sake. I had her write out the recipe for me and at the bottom she wrote "With Love, Grandma Dunn". 
Perfect!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!