Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Wow!! I can't believe how fast this season is going! We have been so busy! This is going to be a long post since I have so much to bring you up to speed on!

Last Wednesday night, I celebrated Christmas with my other FCC mama's. Love that group!! We had such a nice time and a big thanks to Lu for hosting!!

Ava has swim lessons on Thursday nights. She moved up a class and I no longer have to get in the pool with her. (Woohoo! Yea! YIPPEE!) Did I mention how happy this makes me? Well, since we aren't super rushed with two people trying to get out of wet clothes, we've implemented a new routine after lessons. I started taking everything with us that Ava needs for a shower. It's the best thing we ever did! She loves to take showers and thinks she is such a big shot giving herself a shower. She does really well! I have to help rinse her hair, but she does really great. She loves to take showers by herself and even if she jumps in with me at home, she wants me out so she can have time to herself. I love watching her through the frosted glass. She is washing herself and scrubbing her hair. So cute!! And not to mention the time it's saving us at home with eliminating that in the evenings. Oh, and she loves drying her hair with the hand dryer. But now everytime we go anywhere and she has to wash her hands, she said I need the hairdryer. :)

And since we had extra time on Thursday, Ava got to enjoy her special gift from Roz!!


Ava loved her gift! Thanks, Roz!! And we hope you have a great birthday this weekend!!


Ava also received her first Christmas card in the mail. She was super proud that she received mail and wouldn't let me anywhere near it. Thanks, Grandma Shirley and Papa Bongo!

Friday night, Ava went to Nana's and John and I headed to our friends Courtney and Chad's house for their Christmas party. We had an ABSOLUTE GREAT time! I won't share all of the pictures, but here are a few.


John and Tricia

Sara and Gina
Work friends
On Saturday, I spent the day at my Grandma's with my cousin Lisa baking cookies. My Grandma makes the MOST amazing sugar cookies and has for many, many, many years. Unfortunately, she simply cannot do it anymore. Therefore, Lisa and I decided we were not going to let these cookies end in our family. We finally learned the secret ingredient, learned to make the frosting, and how to decorate them perfectly. Well, somewhat perfect. We made about 30 doz cookies. And I have no pictures. NONE. I was toooo busy!! Haha! But I promise you that turned out fabulous!


Saturday night, we went to celebrate Sarah's 30th birthday with her!
Ava didn't even sit down at the table. She strutted straight to the dance floor and BUSTED A MOVE the whole time. She did take a dinner break, but was right back out there. Her and Emmett cut the rug!

She even shared a slow dance with Daddy!

Sunday was spent decorating cookies and then we went to a friends house for dinner. We met another couple who is here for 2 yrs on a work assignment from Shanghai. They have a 3 yr old son and let's just say Ava was super bossy! But Max followed her around all night. They were so cute. We made plans to get together after the holidays for a play date.


Tonight Ava and I went for a long overdue haircut. I got the works including my eyebrows and everything! I feel a hundred times better! Whew! Thanks, Janie!!


Ava got her bangs trimmed. So cute!

And then we went to go see Santa. Ava blows me away on how well she does with the Bug Guy in Red. After their intense conversation of Ava asking for a "canny can" AKA candy cane...
...We got a great picture!!! So proud of my girl!!
9 days until Uncle Nate comes home....That's my countdown!


Love,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!