Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ava Update

Here is an update on my sweet girl...

We ended up in the ER on Sunday night with her. :( She woke up at 1:30am with a 104 temp and vomiting. We were on day 3 of high fevers and when the vomiting started, I knew something wasn't right. I know I'm still a new mom, but I HATE fevers!! They were SO NICE at the ER!! For that, I'm grateful. It ended up being a very good thing we took her. She had inflamed tonsils and the croup. Between the 2, her airway was being constricted due to all the swelling!! They gave her a steroid to reduce the swelling and said it will stay in her system up to 3 days. Whew...

After the trip to the ER and a quick stop at Meijer for popsicles, Ava and I slept until almost 10:00 yesterday morning. I worked from home and she pretty much just laid around and wanted to watch the Dr. show. Which turns out is General Hospital. No worries, I don't think she understands. I think she just likes to point out the Dr's. and the "bam-aids". LOL!

She definitely turned a corner last night and was even started to play with toys and get her appetite back. John put her to bed around 8:30 because I had to come into work for a bit in case we were home again today. Well, she slept until 8:00 this morning!! Almost 12 hours. In her own bed. Thank you, Jesus!! This made for a very restFUL night for me!!

So, we are back to work and school. Today was her first official day in the 3 yr. old room. Not a good day to make the transition, but I know she'll be ok. She is still a little croupy, but definitely TONS better.

Thank you for all of your well wishes and prayers for her speedy recovery! John and I really appreciate your thoughfulness.

I'll share first day of pre-school pictures later, but I wanted to share this first. John works for BP and they were running a safety campaign called "Why I'm Safe At Work". So, he submitted this picture...




















Well, the BP people thought is was sooo cute that they decided to put it in the 2012 calendar! Yea!! Isn't that so cool?


Love,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!