Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Very Busy Day = One Tired Little Girl...

Today...for the first time since October 25th, 2010...I had to wake up Ava! Normally, I would have let her sleep in, but she had a hot date scheduled at 8:30am. We had her follow up appointment with Dr. Tracy. First, let me say how much I love Dr. Tracy! She is awesome with Ava and is so easy to talk to and understand. I feel very fortunate to have her as Ava's doctor.

Anyhow, Ava is a healthy little girl! The Dr. said she is one of the healthiest babies she has ever had come from China. All of Ava's tests were negative! That was a relief! It was scary waiting for the results. Simply because we didn't know her history. But she still had to get 3 shots. She took them like a champ! And she even got Bugs Bunny band-aids. We have to go back in 4 weeks for another round of shots. Poor little girl! She gained 1.4 lbs and is in 5th percentile for weight and she grew 3/8 of an inch and is in the 10th percentile for height.

Waiting for Dr. Tracy...

After her Dr. appointment, we went to daycare! I decided to take her today for a couple of hours as a "trial" period before Monday. She is so smart though. She doesn't miss anything. She knew what was going on. Before I left, I knelt down to her and told her to be a big girl because Mama had to go to the store. She instantly started shaking her head no and started to cry. Which then prompted for my breakdown. I was trying to hold it together because I didn't want her to see me so upset. I walked out of the room and then went back to watch her through the window. She was instantly fine. I was way worse than her. But she did so good!! I left my camera so they could take some pictures while she was there. They took quite a few but here are a couple of my favorites.
I love this one of her at the table...just taking it all in.

She made her first art project! A hand turkey!

And even played with play-doh!

Here are the art projects she made...



After I picked her up from daycare Ava AND Mama took a nap. I needed it today and it felt good! She actually woke up before me, so thank goodness for the monitor!
I was trying to balance the checkbook, but Ava had other ideas...

Daddy decided to mow the lawn today and afterwards he asked me to get Ava all bundled up...

...because he wanted to take her for a little ride on the 4-wheeler!

She actually really liked it and after I took her off, she kept pointing at it to get back on. We also had our friend Tricia and her daughter, Emily bring us dinner tonight and visit with Ava. Ava loved them and had so much fun playing with Emily!

I can't believe I go back to work next week. Tomorrow is my last Mama/Ava day. Because then we go into Thanksgiving and Daddy will be home with us. Which don't get me wrong, I love when Daddy is here. I just love my little girl!
Have a great night!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava









No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!