Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 6 {Garden of the Gods, Robin, Seven Falls}

We woke up to another gorgeous day, not a cloud in the sky! 
We started our day driving through Garden of the Gods! 
It's a drive through park of red rock formations. 
Ava was so excited because this kid was ready to climb!


We saw many gorgeous sites, including the balancing rock!
My strong people holding it up!














After we were finished we headed to local grocery because it was time to see Robin at work. 
Robin is my cousin and when I was younger we were partners in crime. 
We were so close but life happens and we haven't talked in years. She had never met my girls so I couldn't wait to see her!! She is so sweet!


We headed to lunch afterwards and then it was on to our next destination! 

We went to Seven Falls, where again my fear of heights was tested. 
We snapped a few pictures



Afterwards the girls and John headed to the top of the falls. I found a super cute rocking chair where I opened my kindle app and settled it. 
They came back down where Ava had wet shoes and wet pants. 
Apparently she had fallen in a creek. 
Haha!









John took this on the way back down and if you look closely under that little roof, you will see my white pants. I met a really nice local lady who was there with her daughters and her exchange student from Germany. 

After Seven Falls, we headed back to Manitou and did a little shopping before we headed to BBQ for dinner. Where we learned that Ava makes the perfect ice cream cone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!