Monday, September 20, 2021

My Grandma

Little did we know that Colorado trip had more meaning that we thought. 
Early the next morning, I received the call that my Grandma was on her way to the hospital by way of EMS. She was found on her bathroom floor. 
She had had a massive stroke and was in bad shape.

The next few days were very touch and go. But in true Doris fashion, she rallied. As she always does. We spent the next week working on our new normal. What she could eat, what she couldn't. What she wanted and didn't. She was completely paralyzed on her left side but that mind? Still very much in tact. 
She was still Grandma. 
She was then transferred to a nursing home, that she absolutely HATED. She refused to eat or drink anything that came from the home. I'm not going to lie, I don't blame her. Ha! We took turns round the clock to ensure she was getting enough food and drink. We visited. We loved. We enjoyed as much as we could.


What happened next is too hard to re-type. So I will just share Facebook posts. 

September 14th

September 16th 



September 17th

Here is the link to her obituary. I was asked and incredibly honored to write it. 



Rest in Heaven, you beautiful soul. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!