Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Updates

I wanted to share some updates with you in the "Life of Ava" and thought I would also share some recent cell phone pics. I usually upload these to Facebook, but realized my blog world doesn't get to see them!! :)

Back in September, Ava transitioned into the three yr old room at school. It was a rough transition for her. And then things seemed to be getting better. But then they got way WORSE! It has been awful dropping her off in the morning. She is in hysterics, screaming "don't leave me, mommy!!" Insert BROKEN.HEART here...

I decided I needed to get to the bottom of the issue. When I pick her up in the evenings I'm always told what a great day she had, very engaging in the activities, laughing, having a great day. So, why the bad dropoff? The way the school is set (as most schools I'm sure are) is that most classes are merged in the mornings until all of the teachers arrive. Well, when Ava was in 2's, she was actually dropped off to the toddler room, but one of her constant teachers was there every morning. So there was familiar face. Now, I drop her off to 5's and none of her teachers are in until closerto 8:00. I usually had her there around 7:30. So, after the 2nd heart wrenching dropoff last week, I called her head teacher so we could figure out what to do!!














We decided to do a later drop off, closer to 8. Well, it's been 4 days and what a difference it makes!! She literally runs to her room and it's all I can do to get a kiss out of her. We are getting extra snuggle time in the morning, she's happier in the evenings, and no tears in the morning. Just a little tweak and my girl is good!














This morning we visited the plastic surgeon to discuss getting her lip, nose, and gum fixed which is caused from the cleft lip. Her lip was actually repaired in China at 2 months old. Ava did amazingly well in the office considering her MASSIVE fear of Dr's.














I won't go into all the details, but they want to see her every year and will probably start correcting everything after she turns 7. Apparently, her little face is still changing. :)
















And finally, a football upate. Genoa lost their last regular season game. :( It killed the 48 regular season game winning streak. We lost by 2. Although, it was super sad, it's NOT over!! We are in the playoffs and won our first playoff game last Friday against Huron. We play Kenton this week at BGSU. **Fingers crossed**


Unfortunately the season is over for Ava though. It's just too cold in the evening to take her out. We just haven't mentioned football to her. :) But this Saturday she gets to hang out with Livi and Morgan while Mama cheers on the Comets. I truly don't think she'll even miss me!


Love,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!